We meet for worship at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings at 1235 S. Clinton Ave. and online.
We ask you to sign up each week you plan to attend in person. Sign-ups are managed using Church Community Builder (CCB), our online church database. You can sign up now by completing a form for each individual or family:
- May 9, 10am: sign up here
- May 16, 10am: sign up here
- May 23, 10am: sign up here
- May 30, 10am: sign up here
If you are having any problems with the sign-up system, we are here to help! Please email email@example.com. Children's ministry will be offered for children in Pre-K through 5th grade. Children will be checked into their classes upon arrival, stay in family groups, and remain for the entire service. Attendance is limited. Contact Jessie for more info.
As with all in-person events, we will be taking these safety precautions:
- Social distancing: six feet of space is required between individuals who are not already exposed to one another.
- Masks are required at all times while in the building.
- Please only attend if you feel healthy. We ask that you stay home if you've experienced any symptoms of illness, including but not limited to: fever, shortness of breath, new cough, and new loss of taste or smell.
We will stream Sunday worship on two platforms: Zoom and Facebook.
For the best experience, we recommend Zoom. The Facebook stream has been less stable, stalling out on some occasions. We will continue to publish the video feed to Facebook, but we won't be able to stop and troubleshoot it in the middle of our service. If you have had difficulty connecting to Zoom, please reach out! We're happy to help.
Here is a brief explanation of the differences between the two streaming services:
- Zoom will allow you to turn on your camera so that those leading worship and others who are watching via Zoom can see you! (You can also keep your camera turned off.) It does require downloading an app to your device, but it does not require creating an account.
- Facebook Live only allows for one-way video, but it's a bit easier there to comment on the video and reply to others' comments. (Those comments will also stay in the Facebook post for the archived video, whereas Zoom comments will disappear after the service is over.) As with Zoom, you should be able to view the video without a Facebook account.
If you miss us live on Sunday morning you can watch services archived on our Facebook page at any time.
ASL interpretation available upon request
To request ASL interpretation for one of our services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(The portion below is from before the pandemic. Many of these details have changed temporarily. Let us know if you have questions.)
Our worship gatherings last about 90 minutes and blend modern content into an ancient, four-fold liturgical pattern: Gathering – Word – Table – Sending Forth.
Here are some of the elements you might experience in one of our gatherings: scripture read aloud, a creed recited together, meditative prayer, confessional prayer, congregational prayer, old hymns and new worship songs arranged by one of our bands in a variety of modern musical styles, silence, noise, art, and more.
Each service includes an engaging teaching on a scripture text or topic, followed by the sacrament of Communion—open to all those who seek to follow Jesus.
During the sermon, we offer wonderful age-appropriate ministry for children ages 0–9. Parents and caregivers are always welcome to keep their children with them in our sanctuary for the entire service if they prefer.