At Artisan we believe that children are spiritual beings. Their experience of God begins naturally and adults are guides and mentors, giving children the language and traditions of the faith to enable them to pursue lifelong faith in Christ. Therefore, we do not use the language of “teachers and students,” nor do we view our work as merely education. As leaders and guides, we help children to grow in their knowledge of God and the Bible, but more importantly we create opportunities for children to experience God through a warm and accepting community and freely explore the stories and traditions of our faith.
Sunday Morning Programming
Each Sunday morning we welcome children into our safe and fun space during Sunday services. Programming for age 9 months through 5th grade is available at both services.
- Please visit the children's check-in desk prior to entering the sanctuary for service to sign children in. The desk is located just around the corner from the lobby near the bathrooms.
- During a portion of our service our children age 18 months through 5th grade are invited to special programming for them in the children's wing. Kids of all ages are also welcome to stay in the sanctuary for the entire service.
- Our Yellow Room is open for grown ups to use with their babies or young children who prefer not to be dropped off. We do not currently have drop off care for children younger than 18 months but please contact Jessie if you are interested in having that option.
- In our Orange Room children age 18 months through preschool are invited to a Sacred Circle time in which we connect with one another, share a re-telling of a Bible story, discuss the story with wondering questions, and pray together. Following the circle children are offered a variety of ways to respond to the story that might include creating an art project, playing a game, singing a song together, acting something out or playing with objects that relate to the story. Our leaders are wonderful and positive and there is always plenty of time for connection, fun, and play in our time together.
- In our Purple & Blue Rooms our elementary ages children will be using a new-to-us curriculum, called "Follow Me," which is produced by the PCUSA denomination, to explore a variety of topics through storytelling, songs, art, games and more. This Fall the topics include Justice and Making Peace. These rooms will be split sometimes (K-2nd grade in purple and 3rd-5th in blue) and will sometimes be combined.
All of our adult volunteers are fully screened and background checked.
Contact Jessie for more info.
Please register here: Registration Link
Children’s ministry volunteers are invited to attend a training over brunch at the church building on Saturday, October 21st at 9:30-11am. Current volunteers are encouraged to attend and it is a great opportunity for new or prospective volunteers to learn about the ministry. We will cover safety protocols as well as review our curriculum plans, discuss the needs of our children, and chat about tips and ideas for a great year of ministry.
New volunteers are encouraged to come and do not need any experience. Before new volunteers work with kids, we will set up a conversation with Jessie and complete a background check. But please join us for the training even before those things are completed.